Things I Wish My Mom Had Told Me Before I turned 18 | Pre Debut Styling

When I was a teenager I couldn’t wait to turn 18. Why? It's the best of both worlds — I'm still a teenager, but also an ~adult~. An adult in the eyes of the law but still a young wild spirit in the eyes of my cliques. I believe that 18th is finally the year when new doors open and independence just oozes out of me.

Transitioning from a teen to a full-blown adult is such a exciting and terrifying time in our lives. Exciting because there are many new and exciting things we can all do once we reached this milestone. Terrifying because with great independence (power) comes great responsibility. There is a distinct difference between being a adult and acting like one. I know that if you're a teenager and turning 18 in just few days, you might have been contemplating what it means to be a adult and how an age makes you more qualified and more of an adult than you already were. 


Here are the things I wish my mother had told me before I turned 18:

http://www.zaful.com/floral-crop-cami-top-with-side-slit-pants-p_277984.html?lkid=24074

1. Love yourself first.
2. Growing up is not easy.
3. Time passes us by quickly
4. School won’t last forever and it is not real life. Be prepared.
5. Don’t let labels define you. Some girls/women are just mean. Chin up baby girl — keep walking.
6. The smaller the circle the better.
7. If you find a REAL friend, keep hold no matter how far apart you are.
8. Don’t judge anyone, but expect to be judged. Again I say, chin up.
9. Pick your battles, its not all worth fighting about.
10. Don’t compare yourself to others, there will never be another like you.
11. No matter how much you love someone, don’t lose yourself.
12. Speak up — find your voice and use it!
13. Learn the word “NO,” and don’t be afraid to use it without guilt.
14. You get to write your own story, fill the pages with happiness.
15. Don’t ever chase a man, the right one will find you.
16. Learn how to accept compliments graciously and try to believe them.
17. ALWAYS BE HONEST! The truth only hurts if it’s supposed to.
18. Learn how to be happy in your own skin and be content alone.
19. Never be afraid to share anything you feel passionately about.
20. Its OK to disagree.
21. Read everything you can get your hands on. Knowledge is power.
22. If you go home with a guy and see no books, get out of there.
23. YOU ARE NO ONE’S PROPERTY!
24. Always stand up for yourself. ALWAYS.
25. Don’t be afraid to fail. That’s how you learn.
26. Serve others unconditionally, good deeds bring happiness.
27. Be gracious, gratitude reveals character.
28. Always trust your gut instinct. ALWAYS.
29. Be kind!
30. Your actions will define you, not your words.
31. Don’t swallow your feelings, find a way to let them out safely.
32. Seek beauty in all things.
33. Stay in contact with the people who love you.
34. Always walk with your head up. Confidence is attractive.
35. Cry when you need to and find strength in your tears.
36. Laughter is good for the soul.
37.Words can build bridges or burn them, choose wisely.
38. Home is who you love, not where you live.
39. Being the first to apologize does not make you weak.
40. Work, and work hard. Always make sure you can provide for yourself.
41. YOU ARE ENOUGH!
42. Ne (my nickname), you can tell me anything, any time. I will always be here for you.
43. Remember again, *Nak, I will always love you.*
44. You are more than capable.
45. You are beautiful, never let anyone make you feel differently
 Lastly, I want you to take life one day at a time. Live in the moment. You have no control over yesterday or tomorrow. All you have is RIGHT NOW, so just be happy. be a ray of sunshine  not a pitch of black is someone's life.

HOW I WISH I HAVE A MOM WHO TOLD ME ALL THESE WHEN I WAS A YOUNG GIRL. One thing is so sure right now: I PROMISE TO BE A MOM WHO WILL TELL ALL THESE THINGS TO MY FUTURE PRECIOUS DAUGHTER! I will love her beyond compare. 



Model : Jemel

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment