IT BLOGGER AIMEE SONG: SM MAKATI'S NEW BRAND AMBASSADOR


Aimee Song is one of my biggest style inspiration when I started my blog two years ago. She  got the most amazing style ever. She can be classy, girly or can even pull off an easy going look and funky at the same time. Aimee for me is a queen of "Mix and Match". I envy how she mixes high and low pieces with such ease! She can rock all the uncoordinated pieces and make it a classy looking ensemble. So when I heard that she'll be the newest Ambassador of one of the biggest shopping mall in the Philippines, SM Makati, I can't contain my happiness. I promised myself that I wouldn't miss any of her events! And the next thing I knew was, I was beside her! (Grabeeeeee!! Besh!Cloud nine!)



The Los Angeles based Interior Designer said “My first thought was to start an interior design blog, but when I posted one of my outfits as an experiment, and got a much better reaction, it instantly became a personal style blog,” in one of her interview. Glad she made that switch coz she became the GIRL everybody wants to dress like.

Born to parents of Korean descent, the LA-based social media darling has an Instagram following of 3.6 million and counting. What makes Song stand out from today’s crop of influencers is her accessible but aspirational sense of style.

 She is part of Forbes’ “30 Under 30” list for 2016, has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, Women’s Wear Daily, Vogue Spain, among many others, has guest-edited Korean Vogue, and has always been seen—always seated in front-row—at the most exclusive fashion events. With her refreshingly real take on fashion, beauty, and blogging, she takes on the industry one beautifully curated ensemble at a time. And her huge global audience couldn’t wait to see what she’ll come up with next.
 “My blog represents who I am, fun, easy going, and colorful, a mix and match of styles with under-lying California roots,” Song said of her of her sense of style, which according to SM’s senior vice president for marketing and communications Millie Dizon, “makes her the perfect brand ambassador for SM Makati.”
 As an interior designer and fashion blogger, she understands that, “my blog followers feel they can relate to me because I have a job outside of blogging.” This is something that stylish working girls in Makati’s Central Business District can relate to, leading SM Makati to choose Aimee as its brand ambassador. Like Aimee, The SM Store in Makati anchors its campaigns on celebrating everyone’s personal style.

And as if her credentials can’t get even more impressive—Aimee just wrote a book called Capture Your Style. In her blog she shares, “I’ve been blogging for about eight years now and in that time I’ve gotten to go all around the world to the most beautiful destinations and attend events I dreamed of when I was younger. A huge part of those experiences and my success as an influencer has been documenting them on Instagram. That’s what this book is all about–how to showcase your life through beautiful photos on Instagram.”

Aimee is one the REALEST and easy to approach with in the Global Fashion Industry. She once said that " We're real people, bot supermodels or celebrities. She also said that the key to success and making it in the industry is finding your voice. (Your own style and not a copy cat) In a previous interview, Aimee says, " Every time I get approached for a collaboration or get offered a job, I feel like it's a stamp of approval because its means my opinion matters. "

by: @iradeniseoyco
Like Aimee, The SM Store in Makati is all about celebrating everyone's personal style.


Let's celebrate our own uniqueness and style just like how the #StyleUPxAimeeSong campaign did it! 

May we all find our own and unique voice in fashion!

Let your fine fashion set sail.














photo credits: @jpbdeleon @jsptabor @iradeniseoyco 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment